Liberty Interactive Kicks-Off Fourth Annual Women's eCommerce Network
- Leading Women Executives Guide eCommerce Entrepreneurs Towards Critical Business Objectives, Milestones
- 2015 Class Convenes at San Francisco Opening Summit
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Liberty Interactive Corporation ("Liberty Interactive") (Nasdaq: LINTA, LINTB, LVNTA, LVNTB) today announced the 2015 Women's eCommerce Network (“WeCN”), a unique program that pairs established women business leaders and executives (the Council) with five early stage eCommerce companies (the Class) for a six month mentorship period.
The 2015 program commences with an Opening Summit in San Francisco, where each Class member is paired with two Council members who will counsel her through a targeted, business-enhancing project. The six month mentorship period then culminates in April with a Closing Summit hosted by Liberty Interactive.
The WeCN provides exposure to best practices and emerging trends, as well as networking opportunities with the broader Council through the Summits and an established Alumni network. The objective of the WeCN is to establish business relationships that will enhance the opportunities for long-term business success and create a foundation for support that ensures the next generation of women business leaders and executives.
“We are pleased with how the WeCN program has grown since we began supporting it in 2011,” said Greg Maffei, Liberty Interactive President and CEO. “Now in its fourth year, I am impressed by the continued involvement of everyone in this strong network of female eCommerce executives. Conversation and mentorship has continued well beyond the six-month duration of the program and has broadened to include women who have not participated as formal Council or Class members.”
The WeCN 2015 Council is comprised of distinguished business leaders, entrepreneurs and investors from leading brands and companies. Many served as mentors in 2011, 2012 and 2013, and are returning again for the fourth year. The Council members are:
- Nanon de Gaspé Beaubien-Mattrick, President & Founder, Beehive Holdings
- Susan Feldman, Co-Founder & Chief Merchandising Officer, One Kings Lane
- Dayna Grayson, Partner, NEA
- Divya Gugnani, Co-Founder, Wander Beauty; Founding Partner, Concept to Co.
- Eurie Kim, Principal, Forerunner Ventures
- Jill Layfield, CEO, Backcountry.com
- Dawn Lepore, Former CEO, Drugstore.com
- Sharon Meers, Head of Strategic Partnerships, eBay Enterprise
- Barbara Messing, Chief Marketing Officer, TripAdvisor
- Jana Rich, Founder, Rich Talent Group
- Alexandra Wilkis Wilson, Co-Founder & Strategic Advisor, Gilt; Co-Founder & CEO, GLAMSQUAD
Joining the WeCN 2015 Class are entrepreneurs of early-stage eCommerce companies. Class members include:
- Lindsey Andrews and Lara Crystal, Co-Founders, Minibar
- Eloise Bune, Founder & CEO, Gracious Eloise
- Aslaug Magnusdottir, Co-Founder and CEO, Tinker Tailor
- Lee Mayer and Emily Motayed, Co-Founders, Havenly
- Heidi Zak, Co-Founder, ThirdLove
Also participating in year-four of the program are executives from Liberty Interactive, including Andrea Wong, Liberty Board Member and President of International Production for Sony Pictures Entertainment; Robin Pringle, VP, Liberty Interactive and Courtnee Ulrich, VP, Liberty Interactive.
Andrea Wong commented, “The WeCN mentorship program is a structured way for established female leaders in eCommerce to help up-and-coming women entrepreneurs develop their early-stage businesses. WeCN is about women mentoring women with the goal of achieving long term success.”
The fourth WeCN Opening Summit will take place on September 17, 2014 in San Francisco. The day’s agenda includes discussions on building up the team, including management around the CEO, board, advisors, and the structure of the organization and scaling the business, and is designed around an intimate format that encourages direct conversations and relationship building.
About Liberty Interactive Corporation
Liberty Interactive Corporation operates and owns interests in a broad range of digital commerce businesses. Those interests are currently attributed to two tracking stock groups: Liberty Interactive Group and Liberty Ventures Group. The businesses and assets attributed to the Liberty Interactive Group (Nasdaq: LINTA, LINTB) are primarily focused on digital commerce and consist of Liberty Interactive Corporation's subsidiaries QVC, Provide Commerce, Backcountry.com, Bodybuilding.com, Evite, CommerceHub and its interest in HSN. The businesses and assets attributed to the Liberty Ventures Group (Nasdaq: LVNTA, LVNTB) consist of all of Liberty Interactive Corporation's businesses and assets other than those attributed to the Liberty Interactive Group and include its interest in Expedia, and minority interests in Time Warner, Time Warner Cable, Lending Tree and Interval Leisure Group.
Liberty Interactive Corporation
Courtnee Ulrich, 720-875-5420
Source: Liberty Interactive Corporation
Released September 17, 2014