- What is Qurate Retail, Inc.?
Qurate Retail, Inc. is a Fortune 500 company comprised of seven leading retail brands – QVC®, HSN®, Zulily®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, and Grandin Road® (collectively, “Qurate Retail GroupSM”) – all dedicated to providing a Third Way to Shop®, beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is a world leader in video commerce, among the top ecommerce retailers in North America (according to Digital Commerce 360), and a leader in mobile commerce and social commerce. The retailer reaches approximately 218 million homes worldwide via 14 television networks and reaches millions more via multiple streaming services, social pages, mobile apps, websites, print catalogs, and in-store destinations. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds various minority interests and green energy investments.
- What are your stock symbols?
Qurate Retail, Inc. (formerly referred to as the QVC Group) trades on the NASDAQ under the symbols QRTEA, QRTEB, and QRTEP.
- What happened to Liberty Interactive Corporation, Liberty Ventures Group and QVC Group?
In March 2018, Liberty Interactive Corporation acquired a controlling interest in GCI Liberty (formerly known as General Communication, Inc.) and contributed certain assets and liabilities from its Liberty Ventures Group tracking stock to GCI Liberty. Liberty Interactive Corporation reattributed the remaining assets and liabilities from Liberty Ventures Group to QVC Group, including its stake in ILG, a portfolio of green energy investments and certain exchangeable bonds as described in its definitive proxy filed with the SEC on December 29, 2017. Liberty Interactive then effected a tax-free separation of its interest in GCI Liberty and distributed its interest in GCI Liberty to Liberty Ventures Group shareholders, and fully redeemed the Liberty Ventures Group stock. Subsequently, Liberty Interactive Corporation's remaining tracking stock, QVC Group, became an asset-backed stock and renamed Qurate Retail, Inc..
- As a former Zulily shareholder, how many shares of QVCA did I receive in Liberty Interactive's purchase of Zulily in October 2015?
Zulily shareholders received total consideration of $18.75 per Zulily share, paid 50% in cash and 50% in newly issued QVCA shares.
- As a former HSNi shareholder, how many shares of QVCA did I receive in Liberty Interactive's purchase of the remaining 62% of HSNi in December 2017?
HSNi shareholders received a fixed consideration of 1.65 newly issued shares of QVCA for every HSNi share held.
- What is the difference between the Series A common stock (QRTEA) and Series B common stock (QRTEB) of Qurate Retail, Inc.?
- The Series A common stock (QRTEA) has one vote per share, while the Series B common stock (QRTEB) has ten votes per share.
- The Series B common stock is exchangeable at any time on a one-for-one basis for Series A common stock. The Series A common stock is not exchangeable for Series B common stock.
- The Series A common stock is broadly held and actively traded; the Series B common stock is held by a relatively small number of holders and thinly traded.
- What is the difference between Qurate Retail, Inc. and Qurate Retail Group?
Qurate Retail, Inc. includes the Qurate Retail GroupSM portfolio of brands as well as various minority interests and green energy investments. Qurate Retail Group is comprised of seven leading retail brands – QVC®, HSN®, Zulily®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, and Grandin Road®.
- How do I purchase Qurate Retail, Inc. stock?
The Company has no direct stock purchase plan. You can purchase the stocks through a broker.
- Does the Company pay a cash dividend?
Holders of the Company’s 8.0% Series A Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock are entitled to receive quarterly cash dividends at a fixed rate of 8.0% per year on a cumulative basis on each of March 15, June 15, September 15 and December 15 during the term of the Preferred Stock. The Preferred Stock is subject to a mandatory redemption on March 15, 2031. The Company has previously paid special cash dividends to holders of its Series A and Series B common stock on each of September 14, 2020 and December 7, 2020 and will pay another special cash dividend on November 22, 2021.
- Does the Company hold an annual meeting?
Yes. A webcast of the most recent meeting can be found on the IR Calendar page of our website.
- When does the Company report financial results?
The Company reports financial results within 40 days after the end of the first, second and third quarters and within 60 days after year-end.
- Where can I find the Company's financial statements?
The Company’s financial statements can be found in the Financial Information of our website or at www.sec.gov.
- How do I obtain information about my account or transfer ownership of my stock?
You can obtain information about your account or transfer ownership of your stock by contacting the Company’s transfer agent, Broadridge. Please go to the Contacts section of our website or call Broadridge directly at (888) 789-8461.
- How do I calculate my cost basis?
For more information on calculating your cost basis (tax basis) please visit the Stock Cost Basis section of our website.
- As a Liberty Interactive Corporation stockholder how many shares of Liberty Interactive Group tracking stock and Liberty Ventures Group tracking stock did I receive in the August 2012 recapitalization?
Each holder of existing Series A Liberty Interactive common stock received 0.05 of a share of Series A Liberty Ventures common stock for each share of Series A Liberty Interactive common stock held. Each holder of existing Series B Liberty Interactive common stock received 0.05 of a share of Series B Liberty Ventures common stock for each share of Series B Liberty Interactive common stock held.
- How did the rights offering work following the August 2012 recapitalization of Liberty Interactive Corporation?
Each holder of Series A Liberty Interactive common stock received 1/3 of a Series A Right for each share of Series A Liberty Ventures common stock received in the August 2012 recapitalization, and each holder of Series B Liberty Interactive common stock received 1/3 of a Series A Right for each share of Liberty Ventures common stock received in the August 2012 recapitalization.
Each Series A Right entitled the holder to (1) a basic subscription privilege to purchase one share of Series A Liberty Ventures common stock at a subscription price equal to a 20% discount to the 20 trading day volume weighted average trading price of the Series A Liberty Ventures common stock, and (2) an oversubscription privilege to purchase up to that number of shares of Series A Liberty Ventures common stock offered in the rights offering which were not purchased by the other rightsholders pursuant to their basic subscription privilege.
Shares of Series B Liberty Ventures common stock were not offered in the rights offering.
- Was the August 2012 recapitalization taxable to Liberty Interactive Corporation stockholders?
The 2012 reclassification and issuance of the Liberty Interactive Group and Liberty Ventures Group tracking stocks were structured not to be taxable to Liberty Interactive Corporation stockholders.
- Is the Company related to Liberty Media Corporation, Discovery Holding Company or Liberty Global plc?
Liberty Media Corporation (Nasdaq: FWONA/FWONK/LSXMA/LSXMB/LSXMK/BATRA/BATRK), Discovery Holding Company (Nasdaq: DISCA/DISCB/DISCK) and Liberty Global plc (Nasdaq: LBTYA/LBTYB/LBTYK) are separate public companies.